Query too slow ... control execution order with optimizer hints?

From: Chris Neubauer <water.world_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:06:07 +0100

Hi,

I try to create a view, based on two existing views in my database. The output of the two existing views are about 200 records each, in less than one second. Now the new query sould join the first two views, but this works very slow, I get the result after 1800 seconds. It seems to depend on the execution order, is there any way to force oracle first to execute the sub-views and then to join the two resultsets? Are there any optimizer-hints to control this behavior? And if so, where and how do I have to place them?

select a.field1, sum(b.field2)
from query1 a, query2 b
where a.key=b.key
group by a.field1

Regards
Chris Received on Fri Dec 06 2002 - 05:06:07 CST