Re: Tuning query

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:25:03 +1000

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3dece80a$0$239$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...

> BTW congrats on the Ashes, hopefully sometime soon the old fogeys at the
MCC
> will see sense (or die off) and allow the actual urn down under where it
> rightfully belongs. There was an interesting piece of analysis by ,I
think,
> CMJ in the Times where he pointed out that actually Englands performances
> were improving over the last three Ashes series and that we should be in a
> position to win the trophy by the 2078 series :(.

Hi Niall,

I think England being in a position to win back the ashes by 2078 is nothing but fanciful speculation.

I'll be a whole lot longer than that :)

I agree that the Ashes should belong down here in Australia. Fears that any plane carrying them might crash causing their loss forever more is just silly. If this were to ever happen, you just have to scoop up the new ashes and put it in a bigger urn.

Problem solved :)

Good luck with the one dayers ...

Richard Received on Thu Dec 05 2002 - 07:25:03 CST