Re: Oracle vs. DB2

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 21:30:20 +0100

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 18:10:27 +0000, Karsten Farrell wrote:

> Jesse wrote:

>> I'm part of a team making a decision between these two platforms.
>> We're building an application using the J2EE standards and from what
>> I've researched thus far Oracle seems to be a much more mature
 and DB2 were "born" about the same time ... so both are mature > products.

If it weren't for you J2EE comment I would have said it doesn't matter. However, for J2EE stuff, you would want Oracle's middleware (9iAS or OC4J, possibly with BC4J).

IBM Websphere which is the closest IBM comes to an application server is just too bad. Unless you really enjoy piecing together 2-300 different products.

9iAS, of course, is no bliss either, but the Java part alone is cool enough, and their JDeveloper product will do the job for you.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 14:30:20 CST