Object Pointers and the DEREF function

From: John <jjcrook_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:25:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I have two objects and I need to get an attribute out of the second object from the first object (the two objects are linked by a pointer)

Below is the getBroomstick function.. I am using but it returns all the broomstick names for all the players I have.

I need it to display self but I can't get it to work

select deref(pbroomstick_pt).bname into broom from player;  return broom;

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards
john Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 15:25:24 CST