ora 03127 error from VB application during UPDATE....

From: Njal <neelavallij_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2002 07:23:35 -0800

Hi..i am developing a VB application as a front end for an Oracle 9i database.

I am trying to write i.e update an image to the database.(field long raw type)
using the ADODB RECORDSET UPDATE function. But it always prompts me the error of first
(this error actually points to the RECORDSET.update statement)

runtime error '-2147467259'(80004005)
[Oracle][odbc]Function sequence error.

then again when i go to debug and try running it again it gives me this oracle error

runtime error '-2147467259'(80004005)
[Oracle][odbc][ora]ORA-03127: no new operation allowed until the
active operation ends.

I am perplexed about this error.

I have tried updating by using a different connection and recordset for updation but even that doesn't help. I am actually reading an image from a file and then...updating the recordset with that image(.BMP)

Please help me in this regard,
Thanking You,
Njal Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 09:23:35 CST