Re: Create/Delete File from Stored Proc

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au>
Date: 02 Dec 2002 16:45:46 +1100

"--B" <akshard_at_vsnl.com> writes:

> Do we "create/delete file" commands,in oracle, which we can call inside
> stored proc?

You can create files with the UTL_FILE package. However, this package only lets you create or truncate a file, you cannot delete a file with this package.

However, it is not very difficult to write a Java stored procedure which utilizes the Java io classes to delete a file, move a file, list a directory etc. Once you have done this, you can call your java stored procedures just like any other procedure (i.e. from within PL/SQL). Of course, you need an oracle version which supports java stored procedures for this to work.

Tim Received on Sun Dec 01 2002 - 23:45:46 CST