Re: Connecting to a remote database with SQL*Plus

From: Ralph Graulich <maillist_at_shauny.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:07:14 +0100

Hi Steve,

[...]
> Disclaimer: Yes, I do know knowing SQL*PLUS is a Good Thing and
> I am a CLI type person; vi is my editor of choice.).
> Oh yes, workstation and server are both Linux, if that plays a role.

No need to rant, better use your energy and read some documentation. As you told you're using Linux as your workstation's OS and vi is your editor if choice: You can invoke vi to edit your SQL*Plus command line from within SQL*Plus.

I'll leave it over to you as an exercise to find out how to accomplish using vi as the editor invoked at your command from within SQL*Plus ;-)

--
Ralph