Re: Connecting to a remote database with SQL*Plus

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:35:59 GMT

Steve Mazerski wrote:

> I have two machines: a server running an Oracle instance,
> and a workstation with an Oracle installation but not
> running an instance. The server is accepting remote connections
> (I can connect to it from the workstation using Perl).
>
> Is it possible to connect to connect to the server from the
> workstation using the workstation's local SQL*Plus, and if
> so how?
>
> Thanks for any advice and apologies if this is a hopeless
> newbie question.
>
> Yours
>
> Steve Mazerski

I can't imagine how not to do it. That is the entire purpose of SQL*Plus.

Assuming you have tried and failed please post the error message you are getting along with version, edition, operating system, etc. information.

Were I to assume you asked this question without ever trying I would have to bang my head against a wall and that would hurt.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 16:35:59 CST