Re: Insert a record into Oracle DB via Access's Event Procedure

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:20:11 GMT

Karen wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Can anyone help the following please?
>
> I have an Oracle Database on a unix server which link up
> with Access on a client PC.
> Table A has a form (user interface) which developed by
> Access's Form for data entry. I want to insert a record
> into Table B if Table A's variable Z = "Yes". But I
> am not sure the syntax on Access's Event Procedure, I typed:
>
> if Z = 'Yes' then
> insert into B in "n:\oracle_link.mdb" values (txtStudyNo, txtStudyYear, 'N');
> ^ ^
> | |
> Table B path where the link up databse on Access
> end if
>
> Actually I tried the simple way to do this by writing a trigger on
> Table A, however, it didnt work since the data entry through Access.
> Couldn't see any error message from Access. That's why I tried to
> insert record via Access's Event Procedure.
>
> Karen

You have been less than clear about what you are trying to do with the exception that you think table level triggers don't fire if the data is being inserted from Access: This is not the case. The problem is with the trigger code that you wrote.

Post the code and someone can help you.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 10:20:11 CST