Re: Newbie Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:35:38 +0100

On 28 Nov 2002 12:26:58 -0800, jsoames-is_at_shaw.ca (Dulacka) wrote:

>If I was to write this program from scratch how would I do it? Read
>rows from table A to a temp file and then read each record from the
>temp?

No. This is Oracle. You would only exceptionally need temporary files and temporary tables
simply

declare
cursor getA
is
select * from getA for update of <timestamp column>; begin
for rGetA in getA loop
begin
-- copy the row
update getA
set <timestamp column> = sysdate
where current of getA;
exception
 when others then

Further details in the Oracle Application Developers Manual online at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Nov 28 2002 - 15:35:38 CST