ORA-932

From: W.Qu <w.qu_at_bom.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:04:18 +1100

Hi Friends,

I have a small library written with Oracle ProC using dynamic SQL

    (......

        EXEC SQL PREPARE STN_S FROM :sqlstmt;
        EXEC SQL DECLARE STN_C CURSOR FOR STN_S;
        EXEC SQL OPEN STN_C USING :pStrId;
        EXEC SQL FETCH STN_C INTO
                :p_stn_num:i_stn_num,
        EXEC SQL CLOSE STN_C;

   ......)

It works fine under Oracle 8. Recently, our HP Unix machine was upgraded to Oracle 9.0.1 and we have recompile the library. It works fine when access Oracle 9.0.1 database. But when I tried to access Oracle 8 database on another machine, the query always failed with error ORA-932 inconsistent data type. In stead of using dynamic SQL, I changed the code simply using static SQL select statement. The error dispeared. It seems to me that fetch under Oracle 9 dose some strange thing. Dose anyone has idea what's the problem?

Many thanks. Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 20:04:18 CST