Re: sqlplus execute cmd

From: Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_elcaro.moc>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:57:33 -0800

Watch out with this sqlplus $username/$password stuff ... that command line puts your username and password in plain sight on the list of Unix process (ps -ef | grep sqlplus) for any Unix user to see... your script should be able to embed the password at least in the Here document to provide a tad more security.

Martin Doherty