long datatype

From: tony <meinhfxGARBAGE_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:18:51 GMT

I have a table that has a long datatype for one of the columns. I believe this was done so that there could be carriage returns stored in the column. Anyway, I would like to find all occurrences in this long field of "character string one" ane update the table with "character string two". Of course I can't use builtin functions on the long or even use it in the where clause. Is this possible in sql?

thanks Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 13:18:51 CST