PLS-0049 'bad bind variable' in trigger compilation

From: Phil Powell <soazine_at_erols.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 09:40:31 -0800

I've heard this discussed a lot and want to see how I can get further insight. I developed this trigger using my Oracle Client Tools (so sorry if it looks incomplete), here it is:

begin
insert into pwcourier.employees

          ( employeerecordid

, DepartmentName , SocialSecurityNumber
, EmployeeBadgeNumber , FirstName
, MiddleName , LastName
, Title , EmailName
, Extension , Address
, City , StateOrProvince
, Region , PostalCode
, Country , HomePhone
, WorkPhone , DepartmentID
, Birthdate , DateHired
, Salary , EmrgcyContactName
, EmrgcyContactPhone , Notes
, OfficeLocation , MothersMaidenName
, IntegerPIN , TextPIN
, YOUR_NT_Username , YOUR_SYSTEM_Username
, YOUR_NDS_Username , YOUR_SRM_Usernames
, YourHint , YourHintAnswer
, EmployeeTextID , EscrowPassword )
values ( recordidsequence.nextval
, :new.DepartmentName , :new.SocialSecurityNumber
, :new.EmployeeBadgeNumber , :new.FirstName
, :new.MiddleName , :new.LastName
, :new.Title , :new.EmailName
, :new.Extension , :new.Address
, :new.City , :new.StateOrProvince
, :new.Region , :new.PostalCode
, :new.Country , :new.HomePhone
, :new.WorkPhone , :new.DepartmentID
, :new.Birthdate , :new.DateHired
, :new.Salary , :new.EmrgcyContactName
, :new.EmrgcyContactPhone , :new.Notes
, :new.OfficeLocation , :new.MothersMaidenName
, :new.IntegerPIN , :new.TextPIN
, :new.YOUR_NT_Username , :new.YOUR_SYSTEM_Username
, :new.YOUR_NDS_Username , :new.YOUR_SRM_Usernames
, :new.YourHint , :new.YourHintAnswer
, :new.EmployeeTextID , :new.EscrowPassword )
end;

I am getting the infamous PLS-0049 'bad bind variable' errors only on the bind-variables "DepartmentName" to "DateHired", the rest are fine.  However, every bind-variable corresponds with the columns in the table pwcourier.employees.

Any ideas?
Phil Received on Wed Nov 27 2002 - 11:40:31 CST