Dummy/Sample Database?

From: Mark_M <Mark_M_703_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 10:10:07 -0800

I am trying to help a friend learn more about Oracle by giving him my old 8i course books and other materials I got while in Oracle (Oracle Corp given) training. When I went though the DBA courses they had a database already setup in the training rooms that coincides with all of the examples and exercises in all/most of the printed material (that relates to a made up company database; EMP table, etc. - if that sounds familiar). My friend asked if this database is available anywhere to download/import in order to be able to do the exercises in the manuals. I've looked around on the Oracle web site/OTN but don't see anything like this. Although it would probably give him even more experience to create his own DB, does anyone know if this sample DB is on the internet anyplace for download, or if it comes on a disk you get in a media pack that I can look for?

Any info appreciated.

--
Mark_M_703_at_hotmail.com