Re: Remote login

From: Singnet Newsgroup <stcheong_at_mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:25:29 +0800

Instead of setting it up at the client's side, I actually went to set it up at the server end.
After configuring, I am able to connect to the oracle database from remote PC.
However, I still had a problem.

My application logon always fail, due to invalid password whenever I try to logon from the remote PC.
A check on the oracle database shows that the logon field(no of try)was updated in the tables.
However, with the same password, I could log on to the application using local PC (within the network).

Seems strange isn't it.
Do U have any such experience on this?
What is the impact of putting the CMAN on the server.

Please assist.
Thanks