Inheriting types in Oracle 9i

From: Roman Zhovtulya <roman_at_fh-offenburg.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:01:12 +0100

Hello,
I wonder if anyone came accross the same problem belfore and could give me a short on "inheriting types" problem.

I'm able to create user defined types, but I still cannot figure out how to inherit one datatype from another.
So, I define a type:

> create or replace type Persontype as Object (
> PersNr integer,
> Name varchar(30)
> );
> /

Then I inherit a new type from the above-defined type:

> create or replace type Studenttype under Persontype (
> team number
> );

-- no errors

But, when I try to make a table to the inherited "Studenttype":

> create table test of Studenttype

--it gives an "Invalid datatype" error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Roman Zhovtulya Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 12:01:12 CST