Re: Need help to get started on Oracle.

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:51:01 -0600

Oracle is a Relational DataBase Management System ( RDBMS) -

For Product info :
http://www.oracle.com

For overviews, docs, D/Ls etc..

http://otn.oracle.com
( This is Oracle's Technet site..you will need to register to get to some of the areas but it is free and they do not peddle your Email all over the place , in fact they do not even require you to provide it, afaik)

Ther are also many, many books ( look for those by Tom Kyte and/or Kevin Loney)