Need help to get started on Oracle.

From: Atici72 <atici72_at_aol.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 17:29:55 GMT

Hi folks!

I am a computer tech, and assistant network administrator. I've worked with all versions of Windows operating systems, Linux, Unix, and Novel. I've coded programs in C++, Pascal, and Assembly Language. So, it is very embarrassing for me to say that I don't even have the slightest clue about what Oracle is, what it does, and why it is used. Can anybody roughly give me some info in a few sentences about Oracle and direct me to good source to get me started on Oracle.

Thanks.

---
Ryan Atici