advice on information models

From: garyg <gary_at_grobe.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:12:40 -0600

Hey All,

I'm looking for models or anything that might help me to understand a better way to structure data in from a large number of applications into a single database.

I've been looking at WBEM and CIM (the closest things I can find for what I need), but their so resource centric to phisicaly and logical devices, for configs, etc... What I need is to somehow manage enterprise data that I collect from various apps (some apps almost overlapping each other in what they collect), and create models that will allow clients to get this data almost in the same way CIMOM's work.

Anyone know of what I should be looking for that might help here? Any ideas/help much appreciated. Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:12:40 CST