Re: how to create a smartclass in 9i forms

From: scotty <invalid-spammer_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:54:25 +0000

Timbo wrote:

>Well, since this is an oracle newgroup, I don't think anyone
>is asking a VB programmer for anything. Are you on this group
>to help, or just annoy? Never mind, I know the answer to that.

I'm here to help:

1. Don't top-post it's for MS goons only.
2. Try looking up the concept of a thin client and middlewear.
3. Oracle; good reputation for databases - bad rep for forms.
4. See above, just because you have it, don't mean you have to use it.

>To answer my own posted question so others may benefit,
>in 9i to set a SmartClass, select the item from the object
>library, then select "Edit" from the main menu bar. There
>is a "SmartClass" option there. Select it and you are done.

It's really good that you're tying your company into vendor specific apps, they'll really appreciate that one day; well whoever the guy who gets to attempt to integrate it into the latest fad will, he'll earn a fortune.

>Evidently the online help for 9i has not been updated yet, as it
>still references the method for forms 6.

That's handy. Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 13:54:25 CST