A view with a user defined function

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:45:25 -0500

In general, we can create a view which use some of default functions such as DECODE or SUM to manipulate some columns. But Is it good practice to include my own function a view as follow:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW FULL_VIEW AS
  SELECT h.rowid poh_rowid, h.po_id,

          h.po_date,l.buyer_id, l.order_id, myFunc(l.order_id)    FROM po_heads h, po_lines l
   WHERE h.po_id = l.po_id;

so that the query using the view can get extra record from a third table? I have tried today, it seem slow down my query. Need some suggestion ?

C CHang Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 23:45:25 CST