where does an oracle installation keep its server name?

From: praty <fullyamazed_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 12:03:33 -0800

It looks like a secret to me. Where does oracle client install store the server name?

I use the string "foo.mycompany.com" to connect to my oracle instal using sqlplus.

However, I cannot find foo.mycompany.com in any of the .ora files in the network directory of my client installation! [which includes tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora, etc.]

FYI, I am using 8.1.7. sqlplus client install downloaded from oracle site.

TIA,
Praty Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 14:03:33 CST