Re: user-schema ??

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:52:12 GMT

s Lehaire wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some table created under a user and is attached to the schema of the
> user.
> I would like to move this table to an other schema is-it possible ?
>
> second question about user-schema
> I've got an user which can alter, create table modify data and so on...
> I want to limit it to change the data (INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, SELECT) and
> that's all.
> but I want to create a new user which can do the changes of the structure of
> the tables (CREATE, ALTER ..) and make request on it (INSERT, DELETE,
> UPDATE, SELECT)
>
> last question :
> what is the difference between USER and SCHEMA? I see that my schema have
> the same name of my user but if i create a new user which can create tables,
> those tables would be on which schema ??
> must I do a thing like this create table MY_SCHEMA."THE_TABLE" (...) ??
> thx for responses

Export followed by import will move tables from schema to schema.

Schemas are owned by users. The schema is the objects the user creates.

You can not limit the privileges of the owner of a schema object to that object. If you create another user do not give them CONNECT or RESOURCE roles. Create the user and give the user only the privilege CREATE SESSION.

Then let the schema owner grant specific privileges on specific objects such as:

GRANT SELECT ON ... TO
GRANT INSERT ON ... TO Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 11:52:12 CST