Re: ORACLE INSTANCES PER DBA

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:45:23 -0600

As usual, Daniel has raided a good point..in very large enterprise systems that many instances may not be unusual, but it appeared from the OP's questions that his was not that size of an organization. It was just an assumption ( I know, I know..) based on the questions his management had about the # needed - Places like AT & T probably have that analyzed down to the least possible person-hours required..