Finding non numeric values - sql

From: david.garrett <david.garrett_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:54:53 GMT

I'm trying to find a way to determine if a string holds any non numeric characters.
For instance, I need to use a Decode to do one thing if a string like
"6706A657987"

has any non numeric characters and do another if it does not. In this example it has an "A" so it would need to be handled differently than say
"6706657987". I played with Translate a little but it didn't really do the
trick. Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 19:54:53 CST