How to make Forms use different username/password to connect to db

From: Timbo <tjbacs_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:23:10 GMT

Hi,

Can anyone direct to me to information concerning how to make oracle Forms utilize a specific username/password to connect to the database? Using 9iR2 database and app server.

Right now our configuration uses a default username and password set in formsweb.cfg How can I override that in a form?

Here is what I want to do:

First form opened is a login form. This form can use a 'generic' username/pass to connect to the db. I will validate the username and password entered into the form off a 'users' table in the database. Then I will gather specific information about the user and forward them on to another form as appropriate. For that form I want to use a username/password specific to that user.

How do I do that? I would also like to NOT have that info show in the URL.

Thanks.

Tim Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 12:23:10 CST