Re: ORACLE INSTANCES PER DBA

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:23:01 -0600

I agree with Mark, the idea of 1000 or more instances seems odd... Perhaps 100 instances with 10 schemas each , or 10 instances with 100 schemas,
but seldom have I seem a need for 1000 instances ( what kind of hardware are you under/over using?)

Are the needs of the various users so different that separate instances are really required ?

Just my 2c