SYSDBA & SYSOPER and os authentication through OEM

From: <dev_at_null>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:28:56 +1100

8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.3

I'm a little confused how to use the sysdba & sysoper with os (linux) authentication.

According to the documentation, in order to do this I "must be a member of the OSDBA or OSOPER operating system group. On most Unix systems, this is the dba group."

Sure enough, the dba group exists so I have created a user: useradd dba1 -g dba and also created dba1 as an Oracle user. I have remote_login_passwordfile=none and os_authent_prefix="" in my parameter file.

I can connect as dba1: sqlplus / and connect / as sysdba

However, in OEM Console, when I try to connect as dba1, it's os password and Connect as: SYSDBA, I get ORA-01031: Insufficient privileges.

Any ideas? Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 00:28:56 CST