default index type

From: Peter Erickson <redlamb_at_redlamb.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:55:02 GMT

Could anyone please tell me what the default type of index is created when using the 'CREATE INDEX...' statement? I am having troubles finding the answer for a college class that I am taking. Any help that you could give me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

SELECT INDEX movie_yr ON movie(yr);
Would this create an index using a hash or what?

Again, thanks in advance. Received on Mon Nov 18 2002 - 19:55:02 CST