Re: Developer 2000 6i

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:25:14 GMT

Lee Yew Liong wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I having problem to install Developer 2000. It promt the error =>
> rsf80.map(0): File_Not_Found while mapping rsf80. I did a searching, the
> file is there inside some other directory. I try to copy it to "install"
> directory, does not work too.
>
> What is the correct path for rsf80.map? Or, where I can download a full
> copy of Developer 2000 which is run under Win98 SE?
>
> I have Designer 6i R4.4, but it said it still need me to install Forms
> Developer.
>
> Thank you very much.

Do you have a Metalink account (need a CSI to get one)? If so, you might check out Note 98666.1 (How to perform a LAN installation of Oracle Developer). Even if you're not trying to install from a LAN, the note includes a lot of useful info about missing files and such.

The Note is much too long to include here, but here are some excerpts (RSF80 = Required Support Files for Oracle 8.0):

Location of System Support Files

The following table describes where the system support files are located on which WINDOWS OS version:

Windows OS Version System Support File

------------------   ---------------------
Windows NT           \WINNT\SYSTEM32
Windows 98           \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Windows 95           \WINDOWS\SYSTEM
Windows 3.11         \WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Files Installed by the Installer

The Installer gets the information about the files to install from the appropriate map files on the distribution media. The following table shows the name of the map files and where they are located:

Developer Version Map File Location

DEVELOPER 6.0      ..\FORWIN95\COMPS\RSF80\RSF80.map
                    ..\FORWIN95\COMPS\SSF60\SSF60.map

There's a lot more stuff in this Note. Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 11:25:14 CST