Re: View updating in practice?

From: Jens Lechtenbörger <lechtej_at_uni-muenster.de>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 14:02:42 +0100

alfredo_at_ncs.es (Alfredo Novoa) writes:

> > My point is the following: With views, even users with a clue might
> > not have a chance to understand their actions.
> >

> But why is it necessarily a problem?
>
> If it is a problem in some cases, you can use the security mechanism.

Exactly. In the meantime I have relaxed my view on this issue a little bit. There may be applications where you need update privileges without select privileges (e.g., for privacy reasons as suggested by Serge Rielau). In general, one should strive for understandable updates, though.

Jens Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 07:02:42 CST