Newbie: Oracle 9i Navigator, username = PO8, but what's the password?

From: Stefan Lasiewski <stefanlasiewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 16:30:09 -0800

Hi there,

I'm new to oracle, and could use some help with the Oracle 9i Navigator.

I just installed 9.0.1.1.0 on my Win98 machine. I told the installer to create a database for me. Seemed to install fine, and I wrote down the global name, SID, etc.

I start the database via the Windows menu "Start: Programs: Oracle: Database Administration: Start Oracle9i Database". Type in the password, and everything starts fine.

Then I go to the Oracle 9i Navigator. I see an icon that says "Local Database", so I click on it, and it says "Invalid username/password". So I right click on "Local Database", and I see that this icon has a "Username: P08" and an obscured password.

I have no idea who "PO8" is, the installer never mentioned anything about this user, and I have no idea what the password should be.

Does anyone know what the password for "PO8" is ???

I've tried the following passwords, but none of these work:

  PO8 (and p08, po8, pO8, etc).
  tiger (since that's what 'scott' uses)   demo
  password
  test
  manager
  change_on_install
  "" (blank)

What the heck is the password? Who is this "PO8" user? I assume P08 is a generic name for "Personal Oracle 8", but I'm using 9i.

Thanks for your help,

-= Stefan Lasiewski Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 18:30:09 CST