Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 09:33:30 +1100

mcohen_at_attbi.com (Mike Cohen) writes:

> I consulted the following books:
>
> The Practicle SQL Handbook by Bowman, Emerson and Darnovsky
> SQL for Dummies
> Oracle 8i, A Beginners Guide - Osborne Press

These books are possibly OK when you are first starting out. However, I don't think there is any substitution for the product manuals themselves - especially when it comes to more specific quesitons. Books like the ones you have listed can be useful when getting basic concepts down, but after that they pretty much become useless compared to the actual documentation put out by Oracle.

I strongly recommend taking a look at http://docs.oracle.com and http://tahiti.oracle.com which as a very useful search engine. You may also find things like the Oracle concepts manual useful if you plan to be working with Oracle for a time.

Tim Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 16:33:30 CST