Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Mike Cohen <mcohen_at_attbi.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 12:41:57 -0800

"Edward J. Prochak" <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com> wrote in message news:<3DD2BB91.2090400_at_magicinterface.com>...
> Mike Cohen wrote:
>

> > Ed,
> >
> > Well, with all due respect, did anyone even bother to inquire as to
> > whether or not I even DID try to consult a book? Or which book or
> > even books? Seems to me the most ignorant question is the one not
> > asked, for it leads to all sorts of conclusions and assumptions that
> > could, in all likelihood, be false. I suppose though that being all
> > high and mighty allows one to assume certain things.
> >
> > You and Sybrand may not want to come across being and pompous but I
> > don't see how myself or anyone else can take you any other way. I
> > mean, how hard is it, and how little time would it have taken, to
> > answer the original question? I really don't understand people such
> > as yourselves that would rather feel good about themselves by making
> > others feel bad instead of feeling good about yourselves by helping
> > others. Jeez, is that really so hard?
> >
> > Mike
>
> One last question for you then: did you browse this group first for
> either the FAQ or the answer to your specific question?
>
> (Just answer honestly to yourself, I don't need to know.)
>
> I agree that there are no stupid questions. But don't ask for advice if
> you are not going to accept it.
>
> Have a nice day.
> Ed

Ed,

No, I did not check for a FAQ or browse the group to see if there was already an answer for my question. The reason being I didn't know to do these things. I do now know however, and have implemented those techniques (successfully!) in questions I have since had.

I do appreciate learning these new ways of utilizing the group and suppose that I have you to thank for that - so thank you.

Yet in the future I really think it would be easier for those who know the answers to inquiries to let newbies such as myself know what the answer is, while also letting us know that there are other ways to obtain the answers.

I suppose we all learned something from this little discourse. I know I did.

Mike Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 14:41:57 CST