Re: Oracle 9i Client and Pentium4 2Ghz problems after installation

From: Tim Arnold <timkarnold_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:47:08 -0200

I'm having a similar problem
I get 'illegal instruction' and an hex error stack when I hit 'enter' after typing in the connnection string. There is no trace file if set tracing on thru sqlnet.ora. It doesn't get that far.

If I select 'Cancel' vs 'OK', the debugger shows an intruction in oraclient9.dll - no real help
I have filed an iTar, but Oracle has offered no real help. The same results occur thru command line sqlplus as sqlplusw.

One strange thing is that Net Manager does connect when I test the connection.
I suspect some obscure problem with OUI and p4 and JRE. I know that a 9i install on a P3 machine works OK even if the hard drive is ported to a P4 machine.

Tim