Re: Trigger not compiling

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:10:06 GMT

Adrian Billington wrote:

> > There is a point at which those of us that donate our time have a right to point
> > out the fact that if we are doing someone's work for them, work for which they
> > are being paid, we want our standard consulting rate.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> To this day, I was under the obviously now misguided impression that
> these forums and boards were for people to donate their time to help
> others learn Oracle, no matter what level. However, it seems that some
> people complain when students ask homework questions, some complain
> when professionals ask for assistance with their paid work. You just
> can't win.
>
> If I have a question I need answering, then I will post it and if
> anyone wishes to answer it then great. I reserve the right not to be
> condescended or patronised in any way for asking the question in the
> first place.
>
> However, thanks to this thread, I've seen the light. I can now see
> that comp.database.oracle.* is owned fully by Bakker-Morgan
> Enterprises where they peddle their services for personal gain.
> Furthermore, woe betide anyone who has the audacity to be just
> starting out in Oracle and asking questions that are chicken-feed to
> experienced developers/DBAs. Expect something terse and sarcastic in
> response if you do.
>
> Going by Daniel Morgan's last statement, if I consult the same section
> in the Oracle docs FOUR times to help me solve ONE problem, then do I
> have to send a royalty cheque to Oracle? First three reads only are
> gratis.

So you think that because we donate our time we must either ignore postings or somehow make an accurate guess as to exactly how, and with what tone and verbiage, you the poster have predetermined we should respond.

Prepare yourself for substantial disappointment.

Speaking for myself ... I will respond, when I choose and as I choose, and you can either take the advice or ignore it. That is your choice. But if you expect me, or anyone else, to respond in a manner that you have pre-determined is appropriate you should post your psychological profile, cultural background, and ground rules along with your question.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 13:10:06 CST