Generating DLLs from Pro-C files

From: Lee Christensen <ldlchris_at_ihc.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 09:28:04 -0800

I am writing this as a newbie and a transient in both the Oracle and Windows worlds.

I have written a C++ program, precompiled it with the Pro C utility that came with my 8.1 oracle installation, and attempted to compile it into a DLL using Visual C++ 5.0 (shows you how infrequently I dust off this environment). When I generate a static library, everything works just fine. When I attempt to generate a DLL, however, I get the following linker message:

Linking...

   Creating library Debug/mplus_parse_oracle.lib and object Debug/mplus_parse_oracle.exp
mplus_parse_oracle.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl sqlcxt(void * *,unsigned long *,struct sqlexd *,struct sqlcxp const *)" (?sqlcxt@@YAXPAPAXPAKPAUsqlexd@@PBUsqlcxp@@@Z) Debug/mplus_parse_oracle.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

My workspace includes just the single source file, my export defs file and the library oraSQX8.lib.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee Christensen
IHC Corporation Received on Wed Nov 13 2002 - 11:28:04 CST