Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Mike Cohen <mcohen_at_attbi.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2002 09:53:56 -0800

Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:<3DD040D4.3050907_at_adelphia.net>...
> Mike Cohen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Original Poster here.
> >
> > To those of you who offered up answers to my questions. Thank you
> > very much.
> >
> > For those of you who had an issue with me actually asking a question
> > to the group: I've only been prgramming for a few years now, but one
> > of the first things I learned is that there are people out there such
> > as yourselves who don't have much except for your vast knowledge and
> > possible guru-shipness (is that even a word) of a particular subject.
> > Some of you choose to use this as your way of controlling your little
> > world and maybe even feeling a little powerful. To that I say all the
> > more power to you, but c'mon, get a life fellas.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> I'm not one of the gurus here. But I agree with Sybrand's suggestions to
> you (and others).
>
> We only ask that you first try to understand the basic qualities of
> the tools you are using, i.e. RTFM. Then if your attempt fails, ask.
>

> To be honest, your question sounded to me like the equivalent in say C
> programming of "how do I define a string?"
>
> and in comp.lang.c I'd likely respond that same as here RTFM.
>
> Like i told Russell, we are not trying to be mean, or pompus. Just
> trying to get you to learn how to fish rather than just giving you one.
>
> Ed

Ed,

Well, with all due respect, did anyone even bother to inquire as to whether or not I even DID try to consult a book? Or which book or even books? Seems to me the most ignorant question is the one not asked, for it leads to all sorts of conclusions and assumptions that could, in all likelihood, be false. I suppose though that being all high and mighty allows one to assume certain things.

You and Sybrand may not want to come across being and pompous but I don't see how myself or anyone else can take you any other way. I mean, how hard is it, and how little time would it have taken, to answer the original question? I really don't understand people such as yourselves that would rather feel good about themselves by making others feel bad instead of feeling good about yourselves by helping others. Jeez, is that really so hard?

Mike Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 11:53:56 CST