Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:32:47 GMT

Mike Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Original Poster here.
>
> To those of you who offered up answers to my questions. Thank you
> very much.
>
> For those of you who had an issue with me actually asking a question
> to the group: I've only been prgramming for a few years now, but one
> of the first things I learned is that there are people out there such
> as yourselves who don't have much except for your vast knowledge and
> possible guru-shipness (is that even a word) of a particular subject.
> Some of you choose to use this as your way of controlling your little
> world and maybe even feeling a little powerful. To that I say all the
> more power to you, but c'mon, get a life fellas.
>
> Mike

I'm not one of the gurus here. But I agree with Sybrand's suggestions to you (and others).

We only ask that you first try to understand the basic qualities of the tools you are using, i.e. RTFM. Then if your attempt fails, ask.

To be honest, your question sounded to me like the equivalent in say C programming of "how do I define a string?"

and in comp.lang.c I'd likely respond that same as here RTFM.

Like i told Russell, we are not trying to be mean, or pompus. Just trying to get you to learn how to fish rather than just giving you one.

  Ed Received on Mon Nov 11 2002 - 17:32:47 CST