Querying for Strings with containing Wildcards

From: Hulk <HulknoooSpam_at_unitywars.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:38:54 -0600

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get a hint on querying for strings containing a wildcard, notable the % sign. Against our advice one our clients has created many values in their database containing percent signs and would now like a list of the appropriate records so they can delete them.

Obviously the following does not work,

select field from table where field = 'xx%'

I tried the following

set escape \

select field from table

where field = 'xx\%';

This kinda worked excpet it does not seem to allow us to search for any and all records containing a percent sign.

Any tips of advice would be appreciated. Received on Mon Nov 11 2002 - 13:38:54 CST