Re: View updating in practice?

From: Alexander Kuznetsov <Alexander.Kuznetsov_at_marshmc.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 08:47:12 -0800

> If I write a next version of that paper (depending on input I get
> here ;) it will contain a list of views and updates that satisfy
> this requirement.

do it. However controversial, that's a very interesting reading. It's nice to doubt the basics once in a while, sometimes even the basics get out-of-date.

Another helpful updateable view:

CREATE VIEW STINKY_STUFF
AS
SELECT * FROM REFRIGERATOR WHERE SELL_BY < CURRENT DATE;

DELETE FROM STINKY_STUFF; there is no WHERE cluase and that's OK

P.S. there are 2 more articles on updateable views on DB2 Developers Domain
search on UNION ALL views Received on Mon Nov 11 2002 - 10:47:12 CST