Re: finding # of days between two dates?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:21:11 +0100

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:18:49 -0000, "Russell Fray" <news_at_it-logic.com> wrote:

>"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>> Conversations are recorded at the archives at http://groups.google.com
>
>I'm very happy for you. And I assume you ALWAYS search through every single
>post before asking a question. (to which you'll reply "yes" but I expect in
>reality is not the case).

I don't need to search through every single post, because I know how to use a search engine. Obviously you don't or you are just too lazy to learn how to do it.

>If you are in an office and have a problem, do you ALWAYS read through every
>book and search every forum before asking the question, especially as (as
>several people pointed out) it's a very simple query? Or would you turn to
>a friend/colleague and ask them their advice?

Again I know how to search, I usually only need to search http://tahiti.oracle.com
That you don't know how to do it, is NO excuse for not trying.

>I know I would always ask first as it saves time, and that's what the guy
>who posted the original question was trying to do. You don't HAVE to
>answer, and neither does anybody else "who it annoys" in the group. Just
>ignore the post if you haven't got time to answer it!

Just bear in mind that I and many others respond to posts in my *OWN FREE TIME*. Obviously you have no problem with misusing newsgroups as a first resort. I have: I think you are just lazy and rather want other people to do your work for you.
When I started using Oracle, there were no newsgroups, there were only manuals. I managed to learn Oracle. You can read, so you can read manuals. No need to waste other peoples free time with obvious questions which have the obvious four letter answer Just FYI: I ignore *MANY* posts, and the result is they usually remain unresponded, because people like you only visit this group out of self-interest, and usually refuse to help other people out, thus leaving the burden to a very small group of less than 10 people.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Nov 10 2002 - 10:21:11 CST