Re: Suffix for files containing SQL commands

From: Eric Kimble <ekimble_at_wfl.fha.dot.gov>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 12:41:04 -0800

George,
Suffix is the default suffix that SQL*Plus will recognize when starting scripts. Not for saving them. If you have set suffix to 'sql' then you should be able to run your scripts like
SQL>@myscript

This has nothing to do with saving a file and having SQL*Plus append the suffix on your filename, that is still up to you.

Check out the SQL*Plus reference at tahiti.oracle.com for more info.

Eric