partitioning disks for best performance

From: Danny <d.stolle_at_chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:08:20 GMT

Hi,

i need a lot of information on what is the best way to set up the harddisk for installing an oracle server.
the installation will be done on a Windows NT Server 4.0 Stand Alone server; the diskdrives are a U3SCSI 2x18 GB.

if i want to partition it this way, can you tell me of it is recommendeble?

one primairy partitioning NTFS formatted size: 2048 MB for the operating system.
the rest is extended; as for the logical drives: 2 logical drives: the first NTFS formatted size 2048 for the Swapfile, the rest of the logical drive is for the installation of the Oracle runtime and datafiles. or is it best having separate partitions for the Oracle runtime and datafiles? Or do I have to set up stripe-set?

i know the OTN.ORACLE.COM site having the documentation; and having the installation guide for installing Oracle, but i would like the best way of setting up the partitioning.

Danny Received on Wed Nov 06 2002 - 12:08:20 CST