Re: Selecting all tables SQL

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_nospam.une.edu.au>
Date: 06 Nov 2002 16:22:15 +1100

alfie239_at_hotmail.com (jimmy) writes:

> I am using Oracle SQL, and I cannot remember how to show all of the
> tables I have created In my database
>
> I have also forgotten the names of most of the tables
>
> also is it possible to show a table that has not had any information
> added to it when it was created

desc user_tables
desc all_tables

select table_name
from user_tables

or

select table_name
from all_tables

You may also want to check out the user_tab_columns and all_tab_columns views which can be handy when you remember a column name, but not necessarily which table it belongs to or you want to see which tables have a column of a certain name etc.

The information in these views is available regardless of the existance of data in the table.

Tim Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 23:22:15 CST