Re: Newbie Help

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:24:42 -0000

Working onthe assumption that this is a homework assignment, I'm not going to answer it directly.

However, indirectly, think in terms of SUM and GROUP BY.

Alan
  "Rocky" <peawet08_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3dc7d1d1$0$28312$fa0fcedb_at_lovejoy.zen.co.uk...   I am just starting to learn SQL and am stuck on a question in my tutorial.

  I have used the following:

  select assignment_type, assignments.project_identifier, description, hours_allocated   from assignments, projects
  where assignments.project_identifier = projects.project_identifier;

  to retreive the following:

  AS PROJECT_IDENTIFIER DESCRIPTION HOURS_ALLOCATED

  AS PROJECT_IDENTIFIER DESCRIPTION HOURS_ALLOCATED

  My problem is that I need to display in another colunm, the total hours for each assignment type.

  Can anybody please show me the easiest way to do this.

  Thanks

  Rocky Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 08:24:42 CST