Re: Overuse of DB Resources

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:18:53 -0000

There are literally tons of tools out there that may help you. Some tools of note

STATSPACK - free with Oracle.
Resource Manager - also free with Oracle. Spotlight - from Quest Software.
Patrol - from BMC Software.

Of the above Resource Manager seems to do what you are asking, but I'd suggest that you may in fact wish to be tuning the efficiency of the SQL that is run against your databases rather than limiting the resources of specific sessions/users etc.

Others no doubt will have other recommendations.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA