access/odbc writing to oracle-view

From: Hartmut Berghoff <h.berghoff_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:36:56 +0100

hello all,

I am no experienced user of oracle. My problem is

created a view with sqlplus named q_tab1_tab2 holding all fields of the 2 tables with a common unique key in tab2 pointing to a key-field in tab1 (resulting in a join of the two tables)

This view is not readonly according to dba-studio

When I link an access-table to that view via odbc, I cannot write to any fields of that view.

What can I do to have it writeable in access, or is it an abdc/access-problem to be covered by some other forum?

Hartmut Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 04:36:56 CST