Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.misc -> Problem getting the correct time using Oracle Express (The application use the environment variable name TZ for it)

Problem getting the correct time using Oracle Express (The application use the environment variable name TZ for it)

From: Tal N. Revah <trevah_at_avaya.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:24:44 +0200

Hello,

I need some advise.

I'm using Oracle Express application on Solaris 8. Lately I've changed the machine, one hour erlier. since then the time that I'm getting from the application is diffrent then the one I'm getting using the time command.
After some investigation I found that the Oracle Express is using the TZ environment variable as the value for getting the time from the system. The problem is that the application shows wrong time (ninne hours erlier then the time shown after running the command time).

the TZ variable is set now to "Israel" and the date is set tp IST.

How do I set the TZ variable value to show the correct time or what can cause this diffrence ?

Thanks,

Tal Revah Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 01:24:44 CST